“December 16, the 49th anniversary of the bloody victory, the 50th Victory Day”15/12/2020
Bangla Blog Day19/12/2020
National Martyrs’ Memorial is the national monument of Bangladesh. The architecture is composed of seven pairs of triangular-shaped walls or prisms; the outermost pair being the shortest in height but widest in span, the inner pairs gradually change their aspect ratio and the innermost pair thus forms the peak point of the architecture. Each of these seven pairs of walls represents a significant chapter in the history of Bangladesh.
- The Language Movement in 1952,
- The provincial election victory of the United Front in 1954,
- The Constitution Movement in 1956,
- The movement against Education Commission in 1962,
- 6-point Movement in 1966,
- The Mass Uprising in 1969, and finally
- The climactic event of the Independence War in 1971, through which Bangladesh became a separate independent nation.